Just outside of a small village, the Château Breillan is surrounded by woodland and vines. Its history dates to the Middle Ages. Last century, the Breillan estate produced a very correct, carefully crafted, rather robust and deeply colored wine called Clos Montaigne; its tiled-floor winery and its vats, all in varnished oak with their black-painted hoops, were the pride of its owners.
Today Breillan is farmed using integrated farming methods to ensure the highest possible quality and also to protect the environment. The resulting wine is a promisingly deep ruby red with dark purple tints, bearing witness to its youth. The nose unveils an intense bouquet of red fruit and blackcurrant with a hint of vanilla. The palate is fresh and chewy at the same time, with a firm tannic structure underpinned by slight oakiness that allows the expression of the fruit to come through — all of which means that this wine can be savored as much young as after five years of cellaring and more. Enjoy with grilled meats, roast chicken, and fine cheeses.
- Alcohol Information
CountryFranceRegion/StateBordeauxSub-RegionHaut MedocTypeRedVarietalMerlot, Cabernet FrancVintage2015Alcohol13%Grape90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet Franc
Chateau Breillan Haut-Médoc
- Rustic BakeryHandmade Sourdough Flatbread, Olive Oil and Sel Gris6oz$6.99/ea($18.39/lb)
- wine&spiritsChateau Moulin de la Roquille Côtes de Bordeaux Cuvée L'esperance750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Vieille Tour La Rose St. Emilion Grand Cru750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDelas St. Esprit Côtes du Rhône Rouge750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Bon Goût Rustic Red Syrah Blend750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)