Just outside of a small village, the Château Breillan is surrounded by woodland and vines. Its history dates to the Middle Ages. Last century, the Breillan estate produced a very correct, carefully crafted, rather robust and deeply colored wine called Clos Montaigne; its tiled-floor winery and its vats, all in varnished oak with their black-painted hoops, were the pride of its owners.
Today Breillan is farmed using integrated farming methods to ensure the highest possible quality and also to protect the environment. The resulting wine is a promisingly deep ruby red with dark purple tints, bearing witness to its youth. The nose unveils an intense bouquet of red fruit and blackcurrant with a hint of vanilla. The palate is fresh and chewy at the same time, with a firm tannic structure underpinned by slight oakiness that allows the expression of the fruit to come through — all of which means that this wine can be savored as much young as after five years of cellaring and more. Enjoy with grilled meats, roast chicken, and fine cheeses.
- Alcohol Information
CountryFranceRegion/StateBordeauxSub-RegionHaut MedocTypeRedVarietalMerlot, Cabernet FrancVintage2015Alcohol13%GrapeMerlot 90%, Cabernet Franc 10%
Chateau Breillan Haut-Médoc
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Dolcetto D'Alba750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Vieille Tour La Rose St. Emilion Grand Cru750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Langhe Arneis750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau les Reuilles Rouge Bordeaux750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau La Menotte Lalande de Pomerol750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Loumelat Bordeaux Cuvèe J.J. Lesgourgues750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
20%Damn Good Cabernet750ml$12.99/ea
$14.99Any 3 Select Wines for $36($17.32/l)
20%Impello Zinfandel Paso Robles750ml$14.99/eaAny 3 Select Wines for $36($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsGrapesmith & Crusher Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsDom. Rothschild (Lafite) Légende Bordeaux Rouge750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Tour D'Arche Bordeaux Supérieur750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBaron de Ley Varietales Tempranillo Rioja750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)