Enjoy this bright and fruity Gamay from France's Loire Valley. Guy and Cédric Allion of Vaux St. Georges have a goal of balancing the fruit and vivacity of the very unique Gamay grape variety to produce a high-quality hand-harvested light red from the Cher Valley.
Grown on a clay and limestone soil known locally as Perruches that gives the wines their trademark crisp minerality. The Gamay is made via carbonic fermentation to enhance the natural fruitiness of the Gamay grape.
This light wine exposes an intensely bright garnet robe with purple shades. The nose is reminiscent of tasty red fruits, such as strawberry, raspberry or red cherry. Once aerated, those notes turn to those of ripe and jammy fruits. On the palate, this wine starts first strikes with its lightness and suppleness, along with an increasing vivacity. The silky smooth tannins bring a great balance to this very rich wine. Enjoy with cold cuts, grilled chicken, sausage or pork. (from the vintner)
CountryFranceRegion/StateLoire ValleySub-RegionTouraineTypeRedVarietalGamayVintage2017Alcohol13.5%Grape100% Gamay
Le Vaux Saint Georges Touraine Gamay
Like That? You'll Love This.
15%Bernard Chamfort Côtes du Rhône750ml
15%Les Hauts de Bel Air Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc750ml
15%Great Expectations Shiraz750ml
14%Je M'Appelle Maxime Coteaux Bourguignons Rouge750ml$13.99/eaAny 6 Select Wines for $72($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDry Creek Vineyard Chenin Blanc750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Barbera D'Asti750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAntica Cappella Rosso Toscana IGT750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCantaluna Carmenère750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
13%Tenuta Curezza Nerosso Salento IGT750ml$14.99/eaAny 6 Select Wines for $78($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsOrnezon Picpoul de Pinet750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsShock Wave Sauvignon Blanc750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsTormaresca Neprica Negroamaro IGT750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)