A baby Amarone from the Veneto.
Passatempo is made from Valpolicella's indigenous red grape varieties: Corvina, Rondinella, and Corvinone. After harvest some of the grapes are partially dried in a process called appassimento, traditionally used in Amarone and Valpolicella Rippasso to concentrate flavors and depth.
A deep garnet colored red wine with cherry, plum, and raisin aromas. On the palate this balanced red has medium tannins and rich dark cherry and boysenberry notes leading into a long-baked fruit finish. Ideal for strong cheeses, roast lamb, braised short ribs, risotto, and pasta dishes. (from the vintner)
CountryItalyRegion/StateVenetoTypeRedVarietalCorvina, RondinellaVintage2014Alcohol14%GrapeCorvina 50%, Corvinone 10%, Rondinella 30%, Local grapes 10%
Vivaldi Passatempo Rosso Veneto IGT
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsGosford Reserve Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBuenas! Tempranillo750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsAvalon California Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAgriverde Piane di Maggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Barbera D'Asti750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsPearlstone Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsde Alto Amo Rioja750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine de la Madone Picpoul de Pinet750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsFreixenet Cordon Negro Cava Extra Dry750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
15%Le Vaux Saint Georges Touraine Gamay750ml$12.99/eaAny 3 Select Wines for $33($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsQuerceto Chianti DOCG750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCantaluna Carmenère750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)