This incredibly healthy meal fits perfectly into the macrobiotic (meaning "great life" or "long life") diet which focuses on a mix of whole grains, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds and fruit.
Colorful and flavorful, this dish is simply bursting with garden's worth of vibrant vegetables and hearty, earthy grains and beans. A veritable garden of lightly steamed vegetables (including organic kale, acorn squash, pattypan squash, snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) is nestled next to pieces of firm tofu and a mix of black quinoa, farro, adzuki beans and brown rice. Dulse (dried seaweed flakes), nutritional yeast and lightly salted sunflower seeds amp up the flavor and texture. You will not believe how simultaneously satisfying and light this meal is. Vegan.
(Microwave-only, BPA-free container)
More about this meal:
- Fiber-rich mixed whole grains and seeds are high in calcium and iron
- Loaded with Vitamin C from steamed vegetables
- An excellent source of vegan protein from tofu and adzuki beans (34% protein of the established 50g Daily Value)
Please do not freeze.
• No Hydrogenated Oils
• 2+ Servings of Vegetables
• High Fiber
• Nutritionist Recommended
• Low Sodium
• Please note: FreshDirect's kitchen uses eggs, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat ingredients.
• Low Calorie
• Cholesterol Free
• Whole Grains
• All Natural
|1. Remove cardboard outer sleeve, leaving plastic film intact.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes (1000+ watts) or 3 ½ minutes (lower watts).
3. Before removing film, gently shake container and let stand for 1 minute. Enjoy!