Almost as smooth as sirloin, but with lots of brawny steak flavor and juiciness. Steaks this good don't need a lot of fussing. We like to rub some olive oil all over it, season well with salt and pepper, and cook in a very hot pan. The top sirloin has a good amount of moisture, so you should seal the juices in by searing it well.
Local Harvest is FreshDirect's premium beef offering. We work with a coalition of small family farms throughout New York and Pennsylvania who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. The cattle are never fed or administered any artificial growth hormones or antibiotics. Every farm in the Local Harvest program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
The Local Harvest program is comprised of the following family farms.
- Baumert Family Farm – Herndon, PA
- Conquest Cattle Farmers – Cato, NY
- Green Valley Farm – Manheim, PA
- Hoffman Farms – Dover, PA
- Mahantongo Angus Farm – Klingerstown, PA
- Silver Run Farm – Lancaster, PA
- Zimmerman Farms – Pitman, PA
How To Cook It
Broil, Grill, Skillet