A classic Russian dish, as rich as the czars used to be. It calls for thin slices of tender beef that are added to a thick, creamy sauce. This regal beef tenderloin is the best choice for Stroganoff. Sear well before adding to the sauce.
Local Harvest is FreshDirect's premium beef offering. We work with a coalition of small family farms throughout New York and Pennsylvania who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. The cattle are never fed or administered any artificial growth hormones or antibiotics. Every farm in the Local Harvest program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
The Local Harvest program is comprised of the following family farms.
- Baumert Family Farm – Herndon, PA
- Conquest Cattle Farmers – Cato, NY
- Green Valley Farm – Manheim, PA
- Hoffman Farms – Dover, PA
- Mahantongo Angus Farm – Klingerstown, PA
- Silver Run Farm – Lancaster, PA
- Zimmerman Farms – Pitman, PA
Cooking Beef to Perfection
How To Cook It
Grill, Skillet, Stir-fry