Mildly flavored and mouthwateringly tender. Chateaubriand is a center-cut filet mignon that you cook and slice like a boneless roast. This moist cut needs little enhancement other than a little coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. For an elegant meal that feeds a crowd – without a lot of fuss – serve with buttery mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and a simple green salad.
Local Harvest is FreshDirect's premium beef offering. We work with a coalition of small family farms throughout New York and Pennsylvania who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. The cattle are never fed or administered any artificial growth hormones or antibiotics. Every farm in the Local Harvest program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
The Local Harvest program is comprised of the following family farms.
- Baumert Family Farm – Herndon, PA
- Conquest Cattle Farmers – Cato, NY
- Green Valley Farm – Manheim, PA
- Hoffman Farms – Dover, PA
- Mahantongo Angus Farm – Klingerstown, PA
- Silver Run Farm – Lancaster, PA
- Zimmerman Farms – Pitman, PA
• Raised Without Antibiotics
Cooking Beef to Perfection
How To Cook It
Broil, Grill, Roast