A tender, hearty and lean piece of sirloin tip that's cut to fit just right between two slices of bread. We like to pan-fry it and serve it on a crusty roll with mustard, mayo and a slice of radicchio. Or try a Philadelphia-style steak sandwich with fried onions, lots of provolone cheese (or cheese sauce) and any other condiment your heart desires.
Local Harvest is FreshDirect's premium beef offering. We work with a coalition of small family farms throughout New York and Pennsylvania who feed their cattle a diet of primarily grass, supplemented by grain throughout the finishing months. The cattle are never fed or administered any artificial growth hormones or antibiotics. Every farm in the Local Harvest program is independently audited for animal welfare practices to ensure the best standards of care.
The Local Harvest program is comprised of the following family farms.
- Baumert Family Farm – Herndon, PA
- Conquest Cattle Farmers – Cato, NY
- Green Valley Farm – Manheim, PA
- Hoffman Farms – Dover, PA
- Mahantongo Angus Farm – Klingerstown, PA
- Silver Run Farm – Lancaster, PA
- Zimmerman Farms – Pitman, PA
Cooking Beef to Perfection