| (CLICK TO BUY)
2 cups mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, and cilantro
1 garlic clove
1 1/4 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
3 anchovy fillets
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
||In a food processor, combine herbs, garlic, and vinegar; if desired, add capers and anchovy fillets. Pulse until coarsely chopped, 20 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.|
Ideas for Using Salsa Verde:
- Toss with steamed beans.
- Mix with crumbled feta and serve on crostini or crackers.
- Spoon over thinly sliced grilled skirt steak.
- Drizzle on baked salmon or shrimp.
- Toss with roasted small potatoes.
- Use as a sandwich spread.
- Stir into drained and rinsed canned black beans.
- Add to scrambled eggs on toast.