- Cucumbers are green and fresh-tasting, with lots of water, crunch, and a light hint of honeydew melon in the aroma. They have a refreshing quality that reminds us of subtle mint. A cucumber is the gourmet's fire extinguisher it's better than a glass of water to cool your mouth after eating spicy dishes like curry, blackened fish, or spicy cooked meats.Origin
CORN & CUCUMBERSStoring Corn
Try to use corn as soon as possible after purchase; but if you can't, it should keep for 1 or 2 days in the refrigerator.
If you like corn off the cob, you can slice the uncooked kernels off the ear and freeze them in an airtight container for up to 6 months. This is a great way to stretch the taste of summer far into the fall.
Refrigerating cucumbers extends their life for about a week, especially if you store them unwashed and loosely wrapped in a plastic bag. If possible, try to use them right away it's the bursting juiciness of crisp cukes that makes them so special.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Driscoll'sStrawberriesapprox. 16oz$4.89/ea
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Baby Carrotsapprox. 1lb$2.49/ea
- Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.99/ea2 for $7.00
- Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.49/ea2 for $6.00
- $2.99/ea2 for $5.00
- $0.89/ea5 for $4.00
- $0.59/ea4 for $2.00