Organic Red Kale
- Kale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamin C and calcium. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.Claims
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Organic Dandelion Greens(about 8oz per bunch)$3.99/ea
- Organic Spinach(approx 8oz per bunch)$3.49/ea
- Organic Green Swiss Chard(about 1lb per bunch)$3.49/ea
- Organic Celery, Medium(about 1lb ea)$3.99/ea
- Organic Broccoli(about 1lb per bunch)$5.99/ea
- $2.49/eaAny 2 organic herbs for $4.50Mix'n'Match
- Organic Gold Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.99/eaAny 2 Organic beets for $5.00Mix'n'Match
- Organic Cauliflowerabout 1.5lb each$3.49/ea
$5.99Save! 2 for $6.00
- $2.99/eaSave! 2 for $5.00