- Sometimes called water coconuts, young green coconuts have soft flesh and lots of liquid. In the tropics, people often sip the coconut water inside. To crack one, simply chop a shallow wedge into the tapered top, then pour out the water when the first opening appears (or simply insert a straw to sip straight from the coconut). Once it's drained, continue slicing through the husk. A long metal spoon will help you scoop out the flesh, which can be eaten or added into salsas, curries and chutneys.Origin
USASeasonPeak Season: Varies
"Green Coconut, Water Coconut"
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Harmless HarvestCoconut Water8.75fl oz$2.79/ea($5.10/pt)
- $1.59/eaSave! 4 for $6.00
- $1.99/eaSave! 2 for $3.00
- Broccoli Rabe1lb bunch$3.99/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable Farm Share8-10 items, weight varies$34.99/ea
- Asparagus1lb$4.99/eaSave! 2 for $9.00
- Jalapeño Pepper3-4ct$0.99/eaSave! 8 for $2.00
$2.29Save! 4 for $7.00
$4.99Save! 2 for $8.00
$3.49Save! 2 for $3.00