What’s almost as easy as ordering takeout but way more satisfying and prepped just the way you like? Focaccia pizza!
Focaccia from the FreshDirect bakery was practically made for this purpose: thick and chewy with an airy lightness, it’s a handy stand-in for a grandma-style pizza crust. Each flatbread arrives frozen to preserve its taste and texture, so after you pop it in the oven, it emerges warm, fragrant, and flavorful.
To turn our focaccia into pizza, simply follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 440 F.
- Place one thawed focaccia on a baking sheet.
- Evenly spread a sauce in a thin layer over the top of the focaccia; tomato sauce, pesto, or ricotta cheese all work.
- Sprinkle over some shredded cheese, like mozzarella or provolone.
- Add your meat and veggie toppings.
- Bake in the oven 3–4 minutes, or until the focaccia is toasty and the cheese melts.
- Slice into squares and dig in!
Your imagination is the limit, of course, but here are a few of our favorite focaccia pizza topping combos:
- Margherita: tomato, mozzarella, basil
- New Haven style: clams, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano
- Sausage: tomato sauce, mozzarella, sweet Italian sausage, roasted red peppers
- Veggie: ricotta, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, zucchini
Ricotta, roasted tomatoes and garlic; finish with arugula leaves and a drizzle of balsamic after
Ready to get started? Shop the ingredients for your focaccia pizza here!