- DescriptionSwiss chard has a mild, earthy flavor, with a pleasing natural saltiness. Use in soups and casseroles, or toss raw into salad (balance it out with milder leaves such as Bibb lettuce). Cut the leaves roughly for braising or steaming. Swiss chard leaves also make an excellent stir-fry with nothing but olive oil, garlic and a squirt of fresh lemon juice, and like all chard varieties, it's an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A) as well as a good source of potassium and magnesium.Superveggies contain nutrients that contribute to heart health. Learn More.Claims
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
- Explanatory Information
Organic Green Swiss Chard
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Organic Beets, Bunchapprox 4ct$2.49/ea
- Organic Broccoliapprox. 1lb bunch$2.59/ea
$3.492 for $5
- Organic Red Kaleapprox. 1lb$1.99/ea($1.99/lb)
- Organic Celeryapprox. 1lb$2.99/ea
- Organic Italian Parsleyapprox. 4oz$1.99/ea
- Organic Spinachapprox. 6oz$2.99/ea
- Organic Russet Potatoapprox. 5lb$4.99/ea
- Organic Romainehead$2.99/ea