- Whoever first thought of crossing a plum with an apricot deserves a medal. This large, round fruit gets the best of both its parents. It looks and feels like a plum, and it has a plum's sweet, juicy texture. Add to that some of an apricot's complex, fruity-spicy flavor, and you have one of the best fruits going. It's hard to believe it's a product of modern science — what will they think of next?Origin
Plan ahead! Our pluots arrive firm. They'll soften in 3-5 days at room temperature, or you can speed up the process by storing them in a paper bag. When your pluots yield to gentle pressure, they're ready.
USASeasonPlum Season: Summer
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Seedless Watermelon(13-18lbs)$4.99/ea
- $0.79/eaSave! 4 for $3.00
- Grape Tomatoes(12-14oz per pint)$2.99/pkgSave! 2 for $5.00
- Jersey Fresh Blueberries1 pint$2.99/ea
$3.49Save! 2 for $5.00
- $3.99/lbSave! $3.50/lb for 2lb or more