- Lush and creamy, with a mild, earthy flavor, eggplant has the most velvety texture in the vegetable family. It's high in healthy fiber. We love it sliced, brushed with olive oil and salt, and grilled or roasted. We also love it breaded, fried, and smothered in fried onions. Come to think of it, we just plain love it.Origin
USA and Mexico
Eggplant is tropical in origin, so it does not agree well with extreme cold. For this reason, a whole eggplant will last better and longer out of the refrigerator but in a cool place 50 degrees is ideal. On the countertop, eggplant should keep for about 3 days. If storing cut eggplant, wrap in plastic and place in the least cool section of the refrigerator.
How much should I buy?1 makes about 4 servings Source
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Tzatziki8oz$3.99/eaSave! 2 for $7.00($7.98/lb)
- Ocean Mist Farms Broccoli(about 1lb per bunch)$2.99/ea
$3.49Save! 2 for $5.00
- Ocean Mist Farms White Cauliflower(about 1.5lb ea)$2.99/ea
$4.99Save! 2 for $5.00
- Ocean Mist Farms Spinach(about 8oz per bunch)$2.49/eaSave! 2 for $4.00