Latham Farms Local Fairy Tale Eggplant
- The violet streaked skin and creamy flavor make the fairy tale eggplant of our favorite varieties. Grown on the North Fork of Long Island by Danny Latham and his wife Patty, these petite eggplants are plump and sweet. With few seeds and tender skin, these gems are perfect for a quick summer side dish.Origin
Eggplant is tropical in origin, so it does not agree well with extreme cold. For this reason, a whole eggplant will last better and longer out of the refrigerator but in a cool place 50 degrees is ideal. On the countertop, eggplant should keep for about 3 days. If storing cut eggplant, wrap in plastic and place in the least cool section of the refrigerator.
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Boxapprox 8-10 items, weight varies$28.99/ea
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Vegetables CSA Box with Eggs, Mushrooms, Cheese and Yogurtapprox 7-9 items, weight varies$49.99/ea
$3.99Save! 2 for $5.00
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Vegetable CSA Box with Eggs and Cheeseapprox 10 items, weight varies$49.99/ea
$0.79Any 6 local corn for $3.00Mix'n'Match
- Black Dirt RegionLocal Yellow Carrotsapprox 1.5lbs$2.99/eaSave! 2 for $5.00