Starting as a simple mixture of soy sauce and spices, teriyaki has been popular since it was first created in Japan. The lustrous sheen of the sauce inspired the name “teriyaki,” or glaze-broiled. Japanese-Americans in Hawaii added fresh ginger, brown sugar, pineapple juice and green onions to produce the teriyaki we know and love.
In 1961, Kikkoman began producing the original bottled teriyaki sauce — Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce — setting the standard for teriyaki flavor. A blend of traditionally brewed soy sauce, wine, corn syrup and spices, Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce has the depth of flavor that makes it an ideal marinade or brush-on sauce, right from the bottle. (from Kikkoman)
Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Wine, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Spices, Onion Powder, Succinic Acid, Garlic Powder, Sodium Benzoate.
Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce
Like That? You'll Love This.
- KikkomanLite Soy Sauce10fl oz$2.99/ea($4.75/pt)
- KikkomanSoy Sauce10fl oz$2.29/ea($3.63/pt)
- $0.89/ea5 for $4.00
- Ocean Mist FarmsBroccoliapprox. 2lb$3.49/ea2 for $6.00
- Ocean Mist FarmsScallionsapprox. 5.5oz$2.29/ea2 for $4.00
- RolandPure Sesame Oil6fl oz$3.69/ea($9.71/pt)
- KikkomanLite Soy Sauce5fl oz$2.49/ea($8.03/pt)