Is FreshDirect accessible for the visually impaired?
FreshDirect has an ongoing commitment to achieving a high level of satisfaction for all aspects of its customers' shopping experiences. As part of these efforts, FreshDirect is dedicated to offering a quality shopping experience to customers with disabilities that is full and equal to that provided to customers without disabilities. To assist in achieving this goal with respect to its websites and mobile applications, in addition to the steps FreshDirect has previously taken to provide for a usable shopping experience for customers with disabilities, FreshDirect has entered into an agreement to bring its websites and mobile applications into substantial compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines ("WCAG") 2.0 at Levels A and AA by no later than January 2019.
In the interim:
- For customers who cannot currently utilize the FreshDirect websites or mobile applications because of a disability, FreshDirect will continue to apply its existing policy of waiving any fees associated with placing orders by telephone. Please call customer service at 1-866-283-7374.
- Information regarding use of the FreshDirect mobile platform is included below:
Yes, our iPhone and iPad apps are now compatible with iOS' VoiceOver feature. VoiceOver can be activated by going to:
- Settings App
With VoiceOver activated, our app will speak the text on the page as well as button descriptions to allow the visually impaired to navigate the site. When VoiceOver is on, the user can navigate by:
- Tapping an item once to select it.
- Double-tap an item to activate the selected item.
- Scroll using a three-finger swipe.
VoiceOver settings such as speaking dialect and speed can be changed in:
- Settings App
Click here for more details on iOS VoiceOver functionality.